HORMEL® Pepperoni, America’s No. 1 pepperoni brand,* is stepping up to celebrate National Pepperoni Pizza Day on Sept. 20 with the opening of a one-of-a-kind online pop-up shop full of custom items that are designed to help pepperoni pizza fans celebrate this spicy and flavorful national holiday in style.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why do businesses and brands engage in promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- How do you think “holidays” like National Pepperoni Day provide businesses with opportunities to promote their products and brands?
- Did you see any of your favorite pizza restaurants offering any promotions for National Pepperoni Pizza Day?
- Who is Hormel?
- According to this story, what brands does Hormel own (hint, scroll all the way to the bottom of the press release)?
- Why do you think they created a promotion around National Pepperoni Pizza Day if they aren’t a pizza company?
- Based on information from this news story, describe the National Pepperoni Pizza Day promotion from Hormel.
- Who is Adam Richman?
- Why might Hormel want to enlist the help of Adam Richman for this promotion?
- According to this story, what is Adam Richman doing to help promote Hormel as part of this campaign?
- What is digital marketing?
- Why is digital marketing important to brands like Hormel?
- What is a microsite?
- Why do brands sometimes create microsites like www.PepperoniShop.com as part of a promotion?
- What types of products will be available at Hormel’s online pop up shop, according to this news story?
- Why do you think they are staggering the release dates for items being offered?
- How might Hormel benefit from customers purchasing products from their online store?
- Why do you think some of the items are available on an “extremely” limited basis?