In 1947, Topps created a bright pink bubble gum square with an initially tough chew, a sweet smell and powerful sugary taste of fruit and cotton candy.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Bazooka Gum a brand?
- If so, how would you describe the brand?
- Why do some companies use mascot characters as part of a branding strategy?
- Who is Bazooka Gum’s mascot?
- What is licensing?
- How does the brand use licensing from a merchandising perspective?
- What is a target market?
- Who do you think represented Bazooka Gum’s original target audience?
- What is product life cycle?
- How would you describe Bazooka Gum’s current position in the product life cycle?
- What is nostalgia marketing?
- Why do you think nostalgia marketing is such a popular trend?
- According to this news story, how has Bazooka Gum used nostalgia marketing?
- Has the strategy been effective?
- Who might represent Bazooka Gum’s current target audience?
- What is a differentiation strategy?
- How does Bazooka differentiate its product from other brands of gum?
- Why is that important?