The humble gif (Graphics Interchange Format) was first developed by computer scientists back in ’87, and similar to the meme it has come a long way since then.
Gifs are used to add some spice to WhatsApp chats or tweets when they are feeling a little lackluster, but there is so much more to these funny short clips than meets the eye.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com
- Have you ever noticed a Gif being used as a way to help market or promote a product or service?
- What is consumer engagement?
- What is digital marketing?
- Do you think there is a difference between digital marketing and social media marketing? If so, what?
- How do brands engage consumers through digital marketing?
- Why do you think consumer engagement is important to marketers?
- How do Gifs help boost levels of engagement through digital marketing channels?
- Who is Giphy?
- Based on information from this story, describe the partnership between Spotify and Giphy.
- If you were a marketing professional working for one of your favorite brands in digital, how would you use Gifs to help reach and engage with consumers?