Competition between brands is natural, but few rivalries are as ingrained in culture as the long-standing battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Even people who have sworn off soda may hold an opinion on which label they align with. “Are you Coke or Pepsi?” is a question that frequently appears on personality quizzes, underpinning the significance ascribed to beverages that, in form and function, are largely similar.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- What is brand loyalty?
- Why is brand loyalty important?
- Do you think Pepsi and Coke enjoy higher levels of brand loyalty that most other consumer brands? Why or why not?
- What is positioning?
- How would you describe Coca-Cola’s positioning strategy?
- How would you describe Pepsi’s positioning strategy?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, how does Pepsi approach advertising differently from Coca-Cola?