In 2010, Emily Weiss was working on a Vogue photo shoot in Miami when she and Doutzen Kroes got to talking about self-tanner. Weiss was, at the time, an assistant to a freelance stylist.
Click here to read the story at newyorker.com.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- What is a startup company?
- What is the difference between small business and a startup?
- Which best describes Glossier?
- How did Glossier get started?
- How have social media and influencer marketing impacted Glossier’s growth?
- What is positioning?
- How would you describe Glossier’s positioning strategy?
- What is branding?
- How might colors impact a company’s branding strategy?
- This news story suggests Glossier’s signature color transcended the brand; it came to be associated with Instagram as a whole. What color was it?
- Why do you think that color has been so important to the company’s success?