When Panda Express noticed locations without a drive-thru were struggling, the brand sought to spur online delivery orders by connecting to customers’ offline mailboxes with direct mail.
Click here to read the story at adweek.com.
- What is advertising?
- What are five different forms of advertising?
- What is direct mail?
- Can you think of an example of a piece of direct mail that you or someone in your family recently received?
- What company or brand was being advertised? What were they advertising?
- Did it influence a purchase decision?
- Why do you think advertisers invest in direct mail strategies?
- Based on information from this story, explain why Panda Express chose to invest in a direct mail campaign.
- Was the direct mail campaign a success? Why or why not?
- Think about one of your favorite brands. If you were a marketing professional advising that brand, would you recommend a direct mail advertising strategy? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.