How did the chain outdo Burger King’s Bacon Sundae, Pizza Hut’s hot-dog-stuffed crust, Cinnabon’s Pizzabon, and KFC’s fried-chicken-flavored nail polish?
Click here to read the story at newyorker.com.
- What is the difference between innovation and invention?
- What is innovation in marketing?
- Why would innovation be important in fast food?
- What is competition?
- How might innovation help fast food brands to distinguish themselves from competitors?
- What are some examples of innovation from fast food brands other than Taco Bell?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what are two examples of Taco Bell innovations.
- Has the brand tried any innovations that haven’t panned out?
- Was the Crunchwrap Supreme an immediate success, according to this news story?
- What is a product life cycle?
- How might you describe some of Taco Bell’s innovations from a product life cycle perspective?
- What is market research?
- Do you think Taco Bell relies on market research to help with some of its innovation? Why or why not?
- How have they prioritized innovation?
- How have those innovations helped them to establish loyalty among consumers?