On the way home from college after our junior year at South Carolina State, Caleb and I passed a beat-up vehicle with a sticker that read, “College of Charleston Alumni.” I told him, “If we continue with college, we will be driving that car.”
Click here to read the story at inc.com.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- Do you think everyone must take the same path to start a business? Why or why not?
- Do you think a college degree is required to become a successful entrepreneur? Why or why not?
- Why do you think people decide to start their own businesses?
- What are some things that an entrepreneur should consider before starting their own business?
- What risks might be associated with starting your own business?
- What is an internship?
- How did an internship experience help Mr. Flournoy with his entrepreneurial path?
- What are startup costs?
- Are they the same for everyone?
- What were Mr. Flournoy’s startup costs?
- How did Mr. Flournoy disrupt the home care business in Georgia?
- What can you learn from Mr. Flournoy’s success as it relates to entrepreneurship?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important to a business?