After closing 35% of its global properties in April 2020, Hyatt Hotels CEO and President Mark Hoplamazian said he is happy to see operations at the hotel giant returning to normal.
As of March 31, 96% of the Chicago-based hospitality company’s more than 1,000 properties were back up and running, and occupancy rates – as well as room rates – were closing in on 2019 levels at many locations.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- Why do you think demand for travel dropped in the last year?
- How did that decrease in demand impact companies like Hyatt?
- Why do you think the demand for travel has bounced back?
- Do you think there might actually be even more demand for travel this summer than pre-pandemic? Why or why not?
- How does an increase in demand impact prices?
- What do you think the cost of travel might look like over the summer?
- How will an increase in prices impact companies like Hyatt?
- From a marketing perspective, what would you do if you were responsible for promoting Hyatt brand properties? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.