South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co said on Friday it was in early talks with Apple, after local media reported the firms were discussing an electric car and battery tie-up, sending Hyundai shares surging 25%.
The report comes weeks after Reuters reported that Apple was moving forward with self-driving car technology and was aiming to produce a passenger vehicle that could include its own breakthrough battery technology as early as 2024.
Click here to read the story at reuters.com.
- What is partnership?
- Why would Apple want to partner with Hyundai?
- Why would Hyundai want to partner with Apple?
- What is innovation?
- How might this story represent an example of innovation?
- What is a stock? What is stock price?
- Why are stock prices important?
- According to this news story, how did the news that Apple could possibly be partnering with Hyundai on a self-driving vehicle impact Hyundai’s stock price?