Ikea is turning decluttering into a game with a new augmented reality“escape room” on Snapchat that tasks users with organizing items with the furniture giant’s products.
The entire experience takes place in a miniature model of a bedroom that can be superimposed on a tabletop, floor or other flat surface through a smartphone camera.
Click here to read the story at Adweek.com.
- What is “AR”?
- How might AR provide brands with a valuable marketing tool?
- Based on information from this news story, describe Ikea’s AR promotion.
- What is a target marketing?
- Why do you think Ikea launched the promotion on Snapchat? Who do you think Ikea might be targeting with this initiative?
- Why do you think Ikea opted to include a “escape room” theme for this promotion?
- What is Ikea trying to communicate to consumers through this promotion? Why?