Amazon can squeeze a lot into a box.
Jared Ficklin was part of a secret team at a prominent design firm tapped with helping design and develop a watershed device from Amazon, the Fire Phone. The Fire Phone was going to be Amazon’s arrival in the design world. The Kindle was a breakthrough e-book reader, sure.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is brand image?
- What is positioning?
- How does positioning impact brand image?
- How do you think Nike and Apple have been positioned as “cool” brands?
- In your opinion, is Nike a cool brand? Is Apple? Is Amazon?
- In your opinion, what makes a brand “cool”?
- Based on information from this story, what did Amazon do to try to position the brand as cool?
- Why do you think Amazon cares if the brand is perceived as cool?
- What could Amazon do to create the image as a cool brand? Be prepared to share your ideas.