After ditching social media, the brand doubled down on forging collaborations with the likes of Netflix, Mattel, and Paramount to fuel excitement. Here’s how that plan has played out.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What type of business is Lush?
- What is a brand collaboration?
- Why do brands collaborate?
- Based on what you learned from this story, what are some examples of brands that have collaborated with Lush?
- Why do you think Lush would want to collaborate with those brands?
- According to information from this story, how have those collaborations impacted sales for Lush products?
- What is licensing?
- How might this story represent an example of licensing?
- Why might those brands want to collaborate with Lush?
- What is cause marketing?
- Based on what we learned from this news story, how might the Lush collab with SpongeBob SquarePants represent an example of cause marketing?
- What is social media marketing?
- How can a business or brand benefit from social media marketing?
- Why do you think Lush has decided not to use social media as part of its overall marketing strategy? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.