While the effect of Instagram on teens’ mental health is up for debate, we are sure about one thing: The company is worried about losing teens to competitors.
Click here to read the story at morningbrew.com.
- What is market research?
- What are the different forms of market research?
- How do surveys help to support certain types of market research?
- Based on information from the survey referenced in this news story, what evidence might suggest that Instagram might be at risk of losing teens on the platform?
- Why would it matter to Instagram if fewer teens are using the platform?
- What is demographic information?
- How might this news story represent the concept of demographics?
- If teens are spending less time on Instagram, where do you think they are going instead?
- How might Instagram develop a strategy to attract more teens to the platform? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.