J.C. Penney is turning to technology to help drive its revamped beauty strategy.
The department store in late 2020 announced it was planning a new beauty concept after previous partner Sephora teamed up with Kohl’s instead.
Click here to read the story at retaildive.com.
- What is distribution?
- How does distribution relate to the marketing mix and as a function of marketing?
- How would you describe Sephora’s distribution strategy?
- What is a brand?
- Is Sephora a brand? J.C. Penney? Kohl’s?
- How would you describe each as a brand?
- Why do you think Sephora departed the partnership with J.C. Penney to team up with Kohl’s instead?
- How did that influence J.C. Penney’s approach to beauty?
- Based on information from this story, what is J.C. Penney’s new strategy?
- What is AR?
- How is J.C. Penney using AR to help sell beauty products at its stores?
- In your opinion, will this strategy be effective for J.C. Penney? Why or why not?