Have you ever felt like some holidays feel more or less like they were invented just to sell people stuff? After all, why else are funny greeting cards for Tax Day a thing? One fast food company wasn’t afraid to test the correlation between holidays and profit, although surprisingly enough, the holiday actually stuck around — and it’s not National Fast Food Day.
Click here to read the story at mashed.com.
- Why do you think there are so many fake holidays?
- Why do you think Jack in the Box made up a fake holiday?
- What is the holiday that Jack in the Box made up?
- What differentiates Jack in the Box from most other fast food chain restaurants?
- What is promotion?
- How do fake holidays help companies to promote their brands?
- How has Jack in the Box used its holiday to reach consumers?
- If you were a marketing professional working for one of Jack in the Box’s competitors, what promotion would you launch for this particular fake holiday? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.