NintenKFC takes a do anything for attention approach to marketing. That has led to a lot of weird products — think fried chicken-scented lip balm and a giant Crispy Chicken Sandwich pillow — as well as a lot of unique food items.
Click here to read the story at thestreet.com.
- The first line in this news story suggests KFC gets lots of attention with its stunts. What is stunt from a marketing perspective?
- Based on information from this story, what is an example of a stunt KFC has used in the past?
- What is publicity?
- How might KFC benefit from these stunts?
- Based on information from this story, describe KFC’s most recent stunt.
- What makes this stunt different from KFC’s past promotions?
- Why do you think KFC turned to social media for this stunt?
- Why do you think the brand is focused on TikTok as its social media platform of choice for this promotion?
- Why are hashtags important in social media marketing?
- What hashtag is KFC using for this promotion?
- What cause is KFC supporting as part of this promotion?
- What is cause marketing?
- Do you think this story represents an example of cause marketing? Why or why not?