During McDonald’s Q4 earnings call earlier this week, executives noted that the chain is gaining market share in chicken. KFC may have an answer for that, today announcing the launch of its Kentucky Fried Chicken Wraps. They’ll be available nationwide beginning Feb. 6.
Click here to read the story at nrn.com.
- What is competition?
- What is market share?
- McDonald’s has gained market share in the fast food chicken market. Do you think KFC is concerned?
- Other than McDonald’s, what other fast food brands might represent competition to KFC?
- What is a Kentucky Fried Chicken Wrap?
- What is a target market?
- What is a demographic?
- What demographic is KFC targeting with the release of the KFC Wrap?
- Why do you think that demographic is important to KFC?
- What is price?
- Why is price an important component of the marketing mix?
- How much is KFC charging for new Wrap item?
- How might its target audience have influenced the decision to establish that particular price point?
- Based on what you learned from this story, what does KFC hope to accomplish with the launch of the new Wrap item?