KFC restaurants nationwide will add Beyond Meat’s plant-based chicken to its menus, starting Monday for a limited time.
The launch comes after years of testing from the Yum Brands chain and Beyond Meat to create a meat substitute that mimicked the taste and texture of whole muscle chicken, like chicken breast, rather than the ground-up consistency of nuggets.
Click here to read the story at CNBC.com.
- What is product development?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of product development?
- Why do you think KFC would be interested in developing a plant-based chicken sandwich?
- What is differentiation?
- How might KFC’s new plant-based sandwich help differentiate its product from competitors?
- Why might that be important to KFC?
- Why do you think KFC initially introduced the product in just a few markets?
- Why do you think the product will only be available for a limited time?
- Do you think other quick serve restaurants will begin offering more plant-based products in the future? Why or why not?