Krispy Kreme is commemorating the historic landing of NASA’s Perseverance Rover on Mars with a special doughnut.
The Mars Doughnut looks like the red planet and will only be available Thursday, while supplies last. It’s filled with chocolate creme, dipped in caramel icing with a red swirl and has chocolate cookie crumbs on top.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is promotion?
- What are the different forms of promotion?
- Based on information from this story, describe this Krispy Kreme promotion.
- Why do you think brands launch limited time promotions like this one?
- What is publicity?
- What is a publicity or marketing “stunt”?
- Why do you think publicity is important to a brand like Krispy Kreme?
- Why do you think brands engage in publicity/marketing stunts?
- Which type of promotion do you think best describes this stunt from Krispy Kreme?
- In your opinion, will this promotion help Krispy Kreme to sell more doughnuts? Why or why not?