Kroger is testing new smart shopping cart technology in the Cincinnati area that eliminates paying at the checkout.
For the past few weeks, Kroger quietly rolled out the new carts at its Madeira, Ohio, store, branded “KrogGo.”
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is product testing?
- Why do companies engage in product testing?
- Why might Kroger be interested in “smart cart” technology?
- Why do you think Kroger “quietly rolled out” the new carts (as described in this news story)?
- How might the new carts help Kroger from a business perspective?
- If you were a marketing professional working for Kroger, how would you promote the new cart features when and if they are ready for a larger launch? Be prepared to discuss your ideas.