L’Oréal is buying Australian brand Aesop in a deal that values it at $2.5 billion, in the biggest brand acquisition ever made by the French beauty giant.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is an acquisition in business?
- What is a brand?
- What type of company is L’Oreal?
- Who is Aesop? How would you describe the Aesop brand?
- Why do businesses like L’Oreal acquire other businesses?
- Why do you think L’Oreal was interested in acquiring Aesop?
- This was the company’s biggest acquisition ever. Why do you think Aesop was so important to them? What made them such a valuable company?
- Over the past year, Aesop had posted double digit gains in revenue growth. Why do you think the company’s sales have been skyrocketing?
- What is “travel retail” and why is it important to Aesop’s growth strategy?
- What is segmentation?
- What is geographic segmentation?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what geographic market segment does Aesop view as an important part of its growth strategy?