The hottest new artist of 2021 might not be Olivia Rodrigo after all. General Mills-owned cereal brand Lucky Charms has today announced that its chipper mascot Lucky the Leprechaun has dropped his debut album, Magically Delicious, is available across all major streaming platforms but promoted exclusively on Spotify.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- What type of promotion might best describe this marketing initative from Lucky Charms?
- Based on information from this story, describe this promotion from Lucky Charms.
- What is a target market?
- According to information from this story, who is Lucky Charms targeting with this promotion?
- Why do you think they are targeting that particular demographic?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think audio marketing is becoming such a popular trend among marketing professionals?
- Why do you think the album is being promoted exclusively on Spotify, despite being available on all streaming platforms?