Scroll through TikTok, and there’s a dupe for seemingly everything.
Don’t want to spend $98 on lululemon leggings? Try these $27 alternatives. If a Skims bodysuit is too much, a smiling influencer will show you exactly where you can find a similar one in their Amazon storefront.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is a dupe?
- What is a brand?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- Why might a business conduct a SWOT analysis?
- Why is price such an important component of the marketing mix?
- How does the concept of price relate to this news story?
- How might a dupe represent a threat to a brand?
- How have dupes impacted Lululemon?
- What is social media marketing?
- How has social media helped to drive the popularity of dupes?
- What is entrepreneurship?
- How might this story represent an example of entrepreneurship?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, how is Lululemon responding to the threat presented by an increased popularity of dupes?
- Do you think that strategy will be effective? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.