The toy giant Mattel is launching a collection of Fisher-Price action figures to celebrate the “everyday heroes” on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic, including medical workers, grocery store employees, and delivery drivers, the company said Wednesday.
The collection includes 16 action figures, as well as five Little People characters, including a doctor, nurse, emergency medical technician, delivery driver, and grocery store worker.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- Why do you think Mattel is launching this new line of action figure toys?
- Why do you think the company is donating the proceeds from sales of the new toys?
- Where is Mattel donating the proceeds? How will that help during this health crisis?
- What is pricing and why is it an important function of marketing?
- According to this story, how much will the new action figures cost? Do you think that is a good price point where consumers will purchase the toys? Why or why not?