You may know McCormick for the red capped bottles that line your spice rack.
But according to Bloomberg, America’s favorite spice maker has been busy expanding its empire into a spicy new sector: hot sauce.
Click here to read the story at thehustle.co.
- From a business perspective, what is an acquisition?
- Why do bigger companies want to acquire smaller companies?
- Why would a smaller company want to be acquired?
- Based on information from this story, what brands has McCormick acquired over the past few years?
- How have these acquisitions helped McCormick to grow?
- How do you think McCormick determines which brands they want to acquire?
- Why do you think they are investing in hot sauce?
- What is competition?
- How is McCormick’s competition (specifically Kraft Heinz) responding?
- Describe McCormick’s strategy for building a “hot sauce empire” based on what you learned in this news story?