Keeping up with the fast-food fried chicken wars these days is almost as challenging as tracking the NFL’s reserve/COVID list. In case you missed an installment, both McDonald’s and Shake Shack shook up their menus recently, announcing new chicken items. KFC is clucking back, introducing what it insists is its best chicken sandwich ever. And of course, Chick-fil-A isn’t slowing down its efforts to win people over to its style of poultry poetry.
Click here to read the story at mediapost.com.
- What is competition?
- Name five different companies that might represent competition for McDonald’s.
- How do you think competition among fast food chains impacts you as a consumer?
- What are industry trends?
- Why do you think chicken sandwiches have become such a popular trend within the fast food industry?
- Why do you think McDonald’s is introducing three different chicken sandwiches instead of just one?
- According to this story, how might McDonald’s marketing and promotion efforts help to drive sales this year?
- What is celebrity endorsement? How do you think McDonald’s celebrity endorsement campaigns have helped to boost sales recently?
- What is brand loyalty? Why might it be important to a fast food chain?
- According to information from this news story, what is McDonald’s doing from a marketing perspective that might help them to boost levels of brand loyalty?