McDonald’s is back on track in the U.S. and other key markets but still seeing a sales drag from coronavirus restrictions in other parts of the world.
U.S. same-store sales jumped 5.5% in the October-December period, pumped up by new menu items like spicy Chicken McNuggets and a meal deal collaboration with Colombian singer J Balvin.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- Why do you think sales are important to McDonald’s?
- Why do you think fast food chains change their menu items?
- What new menu items did McDonald’s introduce that helped to boost sales?
- What is promotion?
- How do you think McDonald’s benefits from promotion?
- According to this news story, why have sales been slow for McDonald’s in international markets?