McDonald’s is giving customers early access to its new chicken sandwich set to make its national debut next week, but there’s a catch: You have to win something of a lottery.
The company will start selling a limited-edition “capsule” starting at noon ET on Thursday on CHKNDrop.com.
Click here to read the story at restaurantbusinessonline.com.
- What is an industry trend?
- Why do you think the addition of new chicken sandwich menu options at fast food restaurants has become such a popular trend?
- What is competition?
- How do you think competition impacts you as a consumer?
- What is promotion?
- How would you describe this promotion from McDonald’s?
- How do you think limited edition offers might influence consumer behavior?
- How might offering an opportunity for early access to the new chicken sandwich help McDonald’s to engage their consumers?
- Why do you think McDonald’s is including branded merchandise as part of this promotion?
- How might McDonald’s benefit from this promotion in the short and long term?