Billionaire Elon Musk’s decision to rebrand Twitter as X could be complicated legally: companies including Meta and Microsoft already have intellectual property rights to the same letter.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is branding?
- Why is branding important in business?
- Is Microsoft a brand? Meta? Twitter?
- What is rebranding?
- Why would Twitter want to rebrand?
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent direct competition to Twitter?
- Who might represent indirect competition to Twitter?
- What is a trademark?
- How does a trademark help to protect a brand?
- How might trademarks present a potential challenge for Twitter’s recent rebrand to X?
- Elon Musk has said he wants “X” to be an “everything app.” What does that mean?
- What is positioning?
- How might X’s strategy of becoming an everything app represent an example of positioning?