In the battle of the next-generation gaming machines, two key players are moving in different directions.
Microsoft Corp. is making a serious attempt to attract fans in Japan with its new consoles and network services. Meanwhile, Tokyo-based Sony Corp. moved its PlayStation business headquarters to California in 2016 and has built the U.S. into its largest single market.
Click here to read the story at latimes.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the “console clash” as referenced in the headline of this news story?
- What brands are key players in the console clash?
- What is market segmentation?
- How might this story represent an example of segmentation?
- What is competitive advantage?
- If you were a marketing professional working for a console brand, what would you do to help gain a competitive advantage? Be prepared to share and discuss your ideas.