Microsoft Corp. and Nintendo Co. formalized their agreement to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo platforms for a decade, a move designed to allay fears about the blockbuster game becoming an Xbox exclusive.
Click here to read the story at fortune.com.
- What is a monopoly?
- How do monopolies impact businesses and industries?
- How do monopolies impact consumers?
- What government agency or agencies are responsible for regulating competition among businesses?
- How does the U.S. government regulate competition?
- What is an acquisition as it relates to business?
- Why would Microsoft be interested in acquiring Activision Blizzard?
- How might that acquisition lead to a monopolistic position for Microsoft?
- What is a “U.K. watchdog” as referenced in this news story and why might they be opposed to the acquisition?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, describe the deal between Microsoft and Nintendo.
- How might that help to ease concerns about a Microsoft monopoly?