South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore parade float will stay parked during this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, sidelined by a marching band.
Click here to read the story at blackhillsfox.com.
- What is Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
- Why does Macy’s host the parade?
- How much do you think the parade costs Macy’s every year? What expenses might be associated with hosting the parade?
- What is publicity?
- How does Macy’s benefit from the publicity generated by the parade?
- Do you think businesses and brands pay to have a float in the parade?
- Why would they want to have a float in the parade?
- What do you think the South Dakota Department of Tourism is responsible for?
- Why is tourism important to the state of South Dakota?
- How might a presence during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade help attract tourists to South Dakota?
- Why do you think the Mount Rushmore Float will not be at this year’s parade?
- Based on information from this story, will the state of South Dakota still have a presence at the parade? What will be different?
- What is event marketing?
- How might this story represent an example of event marketing?