Matt Rogers, a former Apple engineer and co-founder of Nest, is using his passion for climate challenges to fuel a new company that aims to turn food waste into chicken feed.
Click here to read the story at geekwire.com.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- What is the difference between a startup and small business?
- Which describes the new company from Matt Rogers?
- What characteristics and skills do you think might be common among entrepreneurs?
- How is Matt Rogers’ passion providing the inspiration for the new company?
- What is composting?
- What is sustainability?
- Is Mill Industries a sustainability company?
- How might a commitment to sustainability contribute to the company’s potential long-term success?
- What is innovation?
- Do you think this venture from Mill Industries represents an example of innovation? Why or why not?
- Describe how the product from Mill Industries will work.
- Why do you think the company is using a subscription model for the new product?
- In your opinion, is there a market for a composting product that turns waste into chicken feed?
- Will consumers be willing to pay $33/month for this? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, will this venture be successful in the long-term? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.