New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced a $30 million tourism marketing blitz to start in June, the city’s largest-ever campaign to recharge a moribund industry that at one time employed 400,000 workers and injected $70 billion into the local economy.
Click here to read the story at bloomberg.com.
- What is advertising?
- Why do people advertise?
- What is a marketing blitz?
- According to this story, this is New York City’s largest-ever marketing campaign. Why do you think that is?
- Based on information from this news story, what will the marketing blitz entail?
- Why is tourism important to New York City?
- Why is employment important to a healthy economy?
- How does tourism increase employment in places like NYC?