There has been a steady drumbeat of news leading up to the release of US intelligence documents pertaining to unidentified flying objects. Unlike the past, the UFO headlines aren’t in the supermarket tabloids, instead they are in The New York Times and The New Yorker.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is publicity?
- How do brands benefit from publicity?
- How is Oreo leveraging the UFO storyline to generate publicity for the brand?
- How do you think Oreo might benefit from the publicity?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How did Oreo leverage social media to engage consumers as part of this publicity stunt?
- Do you think other brands might attempt a similar strategy tied to the UFO storyline? Why or why not?