With Memorial Day right around the corner and weather warming up, American barbecue season — and sales of grill-ready items like hot dogs — would be starting to ramp up under normal circumstances. However, coronavirus-related lockdowns and social distancing mandates stand in the way of typical summer gatherings, so Oscar Mayer is searching for a workaround that aims to keep the spirit of the season alive while also supporting the brand’s social media presence.
Click here to read the story from mobilemarketer.com.
- Why is cookout season important to Oscar Meyer?
- Based on information from this story, describe this campaign from Oscar Meyer.
- Why do you think Oscar Meyer chose to launch this campaign in the lead up to Memorial Day Weekend?
- According to this news story, how has the COVID-19 crisis impacted Kraft Heinz?
- In your opinion, how will consumers respond to this campaign?