It’s impossible not to recognize and the name rolls off the tongue — Oscar Mayer’s hotdog-styled vehicle has been eliciting some kind of reaction by viewers ever since the original model first hit the road in 1936.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- What is branding?
- What is rebranding?
- Why do you think Oscar Mayer is rebranding its iconic Weinermobile?
- Do you think there might be a risk with that strategy? Why or why not?
- What is advertising?
- Why do businesses and brands advertise?
- What are the different advertising channels?
- What is OOH advertising?
- How might the “Frankmobile” represent an example of OOH?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- Anyone named some iteration of “Frank” can claim a free pack of hot dogs if they track the vehicle down, according to this news story. What type of promotion is that?
- Why do you think the brand is introducing a new recipe for its iconic franks?
- How might that illustrate the concept of product management?
- The company has also rebranded the drivers. What did they used to be called and what is the new name?
- Why do you think Oscar Mayer offers jobs to new college graduates to drive the Frankmobile around the country?
- The rebrand is part of the “Keep It Oscar” campaign that launched two years ago. What do you think Oscar Mayer hopes to communicate to consumers with the campaign? Why?