If the thought of using a slice of bologna as a moisturizing face mask was tempting, you’re out of luck — for now.Oscar Mayer’s bologna-inspired face mask sold out less than a day after its release on Amazon. Kraft Heinz blamed the shortage on “unexpected incredibly high demand” and said in a statement that the product would be restocked “over the coming days.”
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Oscar Mayer a brand?
- Who is Kraft Heinz? What brands do they own?
- Why do you think Oscar Mayer would sell a bologna-inspired face mask?
- Why do you think they sold out in just one day?
- Do you think the company legitimately was surprised to see the high demand for the product? Why or why not?
- Why do you think they planned to make more of the product available?
- What is distribution?
- Why do you think they chose to sell the product on Amazon rather than on their own website?
- Who did Oscar Mayer partner with for the release of the bologna-inspired masks?
- Why would that company partner with Oscar Mayer? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.