In the summer of 2021, popular Chinese-American chain Panda Express partnered with alternative meat producer Beyond Meat for a plant-based version of its popular Original Orange Chicken.
Click here to read the story at thestreet.com.
- Why would Panda Express want to offer a plant-based version of its orange chicken menu item?
- What is a partnership?
- Why do brands like Panda Express and Beyond Meat partner?
- How does Panda Express benefit from this partnership?
- How does Beyond Meat benefit?
- What is promotion?
- What is a limited-time promotion?
- Why do brands engage in limited-time promotions?
- Why do you think Panda Express is bringing this menu option back?
- Given its popularity, why do you think they are only bringing it back for a limited time?
- What is a pop-up?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, why is Panda Express opening pop-up booths at 10 college campuses?
- What demographic are they targeting with the pop-ups? Why?