Panda Restaurant Group, the parent company of Panda Express®, is pledging up to $2 million to the American Red Cross to provide essential care for the individuals affected by the Hawaii wildfires through the Panda Cares Foundation fundraising program and a dollar-for-dollar corporate match.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is publicity?
- Can publicity be controlled by a business or brand?
- Can an organization proactively work to manage publicity?
- What are community relations?
- Why are community relations important to a business or brand?
- What is a foundation?
- Why do you think businesses and brands create foundations?
- What do you think the Panda Cares Foundation’s goals are?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, describe what the Panda Cares Foundation is doing to support thos impacted by wildfires in Hawaii.
- How do you think businesses and brands determine which causes to support?
- Why would Panda Restaurant Group pledge up to $2 million to help support those impacted by the wildfires in Hawaii?
- What is cause marketing?
- Do you think this story provides an example of cause marketing? Why or why not?
- What else could businesses do to help support those impacted by the wildfires in Hawaii?