Peloton is about to begin effectively charging customers more for its original Bike and Tread products, citing rising inflation and heightened supply chain costs.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing an important component of the marketing mix?
- What is inflation?
- What causes inflation?
- How do you think inflation impacts the decisions companies make relating to pricing?
- What is supply chain?
- How have supply chain issues and inflation impacted Peloton’s decision to increase prices?
- What are sales?
- Why are sales important to Peloton?
- In your opinion, how will the price increase impact sales of Peloton products? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.