Pepsi is celebrating pancake lovers everywhere with their latest limited-edition flavor.
In partnership with restaurant chain IHOP, the soda giant has created Pepsi Maple Syrup Cola — a new beverage that they say “combines the indulgent flavor profile of maple syrup with the crisp, refreshing caramel notes of a Pepsi.”
Click here to read the story at finance.yahoo.com.
- What is promotion?
- What type of promotion is a “limited-edition” product?
- What do you think Pepsi hopes to achieve by offering a limited-edition flavor?
- What is a collaboration as it relates to marketing?
- Why do you think consumers won’t be able to purchase the new flavor at stores?
- How might IHOP benefit from partnering with Pepsi for this campaign?
- What is consumer engagement?
- How are the two companies using social media as part of this promotion?
- How might this campaign boost levels of consumer engagement for both Pepsi and IHOP? Why is that important to both companies?