Pepsi is updating the soft drink’s logo ahead of its 125th anniversary – while paying tribute to the pop in the brand’s classic labeling.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Pepsi a brand?
- What is branding?
- What do you think logos have to do with branding?
- What is a rebrand?
- Do you think this story represents an example of rebranding?
- According to this story, what was the goal of the new logo design?
- In your opinion, did they reach that goal with the updated branding? Why or why not?
- What is market research?
- What type of market research is a focus group?
- Why do you think brands conduct focus groups?
- What did Pepsi learn from focus groups related to the updated branding?
- The story references Pepsi’s longtime connection to music. Why do you think that is such an important part of the brand’s marketing strategy?
- How does the new logo reflect the brand’s connection to music, according to this news story?
- What does the logo say about Pepsi’s vision for marketing in a more digital world?