P&G’s plan to open a barbershop inspired by Old Spice is a way to directly engage consumers with the men’s grooming brand, while also marking a return of experiential marketing efforts that had been suspended during the pandemic’s earlier days. Many barbershops closed temporarily last year amid concerns about the transmission of COVID-19, and stay-at-home orders led to lower demand for grooming products.
Click here to read the story at marketing dive.com.
- How has the pandemic impacted the business of barbershops?
- Based on information from this news story, describe this initiative from Old Spice.
- Why would Old Spice open a barbershop?
- What is a content studio?
- Why do you think the barbershop will also serve as a content studio?
- What is consumer engagement?
- Why is consumer engagement important to brands like Old Spice?
- How might this initiative help Old Spice to increase levels of consumer engagement?