Pizza has become a pandemic staple over the past year, which has only intensified a long-running rivalry between the biggest chains. As part of its bid to further boost sales and grab a bigger slice of the pie, Pizza Hut has turned to a reliable old friend: Pac-Man.
The use of the gaming icon to draw in customers forms part of the company’s “Newstalgia” campaign.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- Based on information, describe Pizza Hut’s “Newstalgia” marketing campaign.
- What demographic do you think Pizza Hut might be trying to reach with this campaign?
- What is a competitive edge?
- How might this campaign help give Pizza Hut a competitive edge?
- What is AR?
- What is consumer engagement?
- Why is consumer engagement important?
- How might an AR campaign help Pizza Hut to boost levels of consumer engagement?