Despite rolling out some fun new menu items and enticing discounts near the end of last year, both Domino’s and Papa Johns posted some disappointing fourth-quarter sales in 2022, CNBC reports.
Click here to read the story at thetakeout.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct competition and indirect competition?
- Name three brands that represent direct competition to Pizza Hut.
- Name three brands that represent indirect competition to Pizza Hut.
- What is price?
- Why is pricing an important function of marketing?
- According to this story, a price increase might have impacted disappointing sales results last quarter for both Papa John’s and Domino’s. Why did they raise prices?
- What is market share?
- How is market share an indication of how well a business is performing against competition within a particular industry?
- What has Pizza Hut done to boost market share?
- What is promotion?
- From a promotion perspective, how might Domino’s respond to help boost sales? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.