Plant-based meats are no longer all the rage they were just a few years ago, according to Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Click here to read the story at foxbusiness.com.
- What is positioning?
- What does perception have to do with positioning?
- Why is positioning important in marketing?
- Why are plant-based meat sales declining?
- The headline of this story suggests it may be suffering from a ‘perception problem’. What does that mean?
- What is your perception of plant-based meats? Do you think they are healthy?
- What is market segmentation?
- How do you think plant-based meat brands have typically segmented the market?
- Based on declining sales, might those brands consider a new strategy?
- If you were a marketing consultant hired by a plant-based meat brand to correct the perception problem what would you do? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.