You soon won’t have to go to a movie theater to snack on AMC’s popcorn.
The nation’s largest movie theater chain announced Tuesday it’s launching a new line of microwave and ready-to-eat popcorn products that will be exclusively available at Walmart.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution important in business?
- What is exclusive distribution?
- What is product development?
- Why do you think AMC developed a line of home popcorn products?
- Why do you think they chose to make the product available exclusively at Walmart?
- How might Walmart benefit from the exclusive distribution detail with AMC?
- What is a brand?
- What is brand extension?
- How might the name “AMC” help to capture the attention of shoppers at Walmart?
- Why do you think they chose to make the new product available the day before the 95th Academy Awards?
- AMC anticipates a broader distribution for the products at some point. What might that look like? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.