Long-time collaborators, Porsche and PUMA, have revealed the results of their latest partnership, in the form of two limited edition sneaker collections — the first of which marks Porsche’s 75th anniversary as an automaker and the second celebrating 60 years of the iconic 911.
Click here to read the story at hypebeast.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is co-branding?
- Can you think of any examples of co-branding that you have seen in the past?
- Is a collab between Porsche and PUMA an example of co-branding?
- Why do you think Porsche and PUMA would partner on a sneaker collaboration?
- How might Porsche benefit from the collab? Why wouldn’t they just create their own shoe instead of partnering with PUMA?
- How might PUMA benefit?
- Why do you think brand collaborations are such a popular trend right now?
- What is promotion?
- Why do brands introduce limited edition products and how might that represent an example of promotion?
- What is supply and demand?
- According to this story, how many pairs will be available of the “Heritage” sneaker?
- How might the limited supply impact demand?
- Why is price an important part of the marketing mix?
- How much will the collab sneakers cost?
- How do you think they determined that price point?